Updated: Jan 13
Waking up each day on a positive note is such an important part of wellness. Being in a positive mood and having a positive outlook on life when you make up in the morning sets the tone for the day. Positive mantras are words or phrases that one repeats to themselves, either out loud or internally, to remind themselves of their strength, power, or commitment to a positive day. A positive mantra could be as simple as reminding yourself that everything will be okay if you’re facing a tough situation. Mantras are commonly used in meditation as a way to free your mind of negativity and allow positivity to flow and radiate through you. Other benefits of using mantras and daily affirmations in your daily life are increased self-awareness, reduced stress, and increased focus through your day. Sometimes it’s hard to come up with positive mantras or daily affirmations on your own if you’ve never thought about it or done it before.
Here is a list of some very popular and effective mantras and daily affirmations:
· I am enough. Who am I is enough. What I do is enough. And what I have is enough.
· I choose to be calm and at peace.
· Today will be a good day.
· I will not give into sadness.
· I forgive myself for my mistakes.
· I am worthy of the quiet moment. I am worthy of the deeper breath. I am worthy of the time it takes to slow down, be still and at rest.
· Every day in every way, I am getting better and better.
· Change the things I can change. Make peace with the things that I cannot change.
· My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
· The grass looks greener on the other side. Stop looking at the other side. Stop comparing. Stop complaining. Begin to water the grass you’re standing on.
· I am bigger than my fears, larger than my reactions and greater than my judgments.
· I am allowing everything I’ve been through that has led me to this moment, this is the launching pad for my success.
· I let go of struggle & suffering. I am allowing in joy & wellness.
· I am worthy of what I desire.
· I love my body and all it does for me.
· I am in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing.
For a longer affirmation, try repeating the following every morning and evening and notice the instant grounding effects.
"I release all negativity from my mind, body, and soul, and replace it with positive energy. I release my worries, anxieties, and fears. I release the drama from my past and consciously create a better future. I release all the anger and all the pain that it has caused me. I release the guilt and shame from my life and make space for love and happiness. I release old habits and choose new, positive ones. I release any stress in my life and allow my mind to clam and my body to relax. I release all that which is no longer in alignment with my highest self for the greatest goods."
Remember, the power of positive thinking can be a force in your every day life. With practice and mindful awareness of the words we use, positive affirmations can replace the negative words we are used to and help improve confidence and a better sense of self.